2017 Summer Teacher Institute: Field and ForestBack to all events
WhenAug 02, 2017 - Aug 03, 2017 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
WhereReinstein Woods Nature Preserve, Depew NY
About this Event
Educators of students in PreK to grade 12 will learn effective techniques to enhance their teaching! Participants receive cross-curricular activities aligned with the Common Core and the new NYS Science Learning Standards. Topics include:
- Project- and place-based learning
- Forest- classroom connections from Project Learning Tree, including:
- Focus on Forests: discover hands-on forest study for high school students
- Environmental Experiences for Early Childhood
- Invasive Species
- Climate change connections
- Great Lakes Ecosystem Education Exchange
- WNY plant and animal identification
- Citizen science projects
Extensive information on environmental education resources available to Western New York teachers is included in the program. Planning time is provided to infuse lessons into your existing curriculum. Up to 12 hours of in-service or continuing education credit may be available.
Past Institute Resources
Please visit Summer Teacher Institute 2016 to view some of this year’s Institute resources.
Please visit Schoolyard Institute Resources to view some of 2014’s Institute resources.